Construction News- Guidelines to follow while constructing in Hyderabad


Adapted from Hyderabad Property News

Living in an independent house has its own charms which the modern gated communities do not possess. You need to follow rules and seek permissions from various city and state authorities.

According to the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC)Documents to be submitted before starting construction are

  • Building application duly signed by the owner, builder, architect and engineer.
  • Declaration forms duly signed by the owner and attested by a gazetted officer.
  • Copy of architect or engineer’s license.
  • Town survey record from MRO or approved layout, (previous sanctioned plan)
  • Urban land ceiling (ULC) clearance for above 1,000 sq.m land plot, ULC affidavit (below 1000 square meters),
  • ownership documents (two sets attested by a gazetted officer),
  • up-to-date property tax receipt,
  • non-judicial stamp paper,
  • building plans duly signed by owner, architect and structural engineer.
  • No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Fire Department is required for buildings higher than 15 metres.

Key points to be notedby construction Companies before undertaking and executing of construction are

  • Construction companies have to obtain approval of plans and pay the final fees at the GHMC. After the application has been approved, the GHMC informs the building company of the remaining charges to be paid, which includes-
  1. the remaining balance of the building-permit fee (98%)
  2. betterment charges for internal and external amenities for commercial, institutional, industrial and other buildings of Rs 175 /sq.m of plot area
  3. rain-water harvesting charges of Rs 8 /sq.mof built-up area .
  • The construction company must notify the GHMC about commencement of foundation, basement and roof work. After being notified, engineers from GHMC inspect the site on several occasions. In case of low-rise construction below 15 min height, one inspection will usually take place during construction.
  • One also has to apply for a permanent electricity connection to the Andhra Pradesh (AP) Central Power Distribution Company. To apply for the electricity connection-
  1. an application form to the executive engineer of AP Central Power Distribution
  2. site plan, certificate of incorporation, MOA and AOA.
  3. The company also has to pay a refundable security deposit of Rs 1,000 per kW.
  • The company has to apply for water and sewerage connections from Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWSSB).
  • The building company must also apply for the telephone connection at the local Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) office. To obtain a commercial connection, the company must submit the application along with a proof of ownership of the business and a copy of the PAN card.
  • The developer should also obtain permission from the Electrical Inspector of the Government of Andhra Pradesh in Hyderabad. The building company then submits a copy of this permission along with the structural and service line charges to obtain the final connection.
  • The building company must submit a notice of completion through the registered architect and licensed builder developer along with prescribed documents and plans to the sanctioning authority to apply for the occupancy certificate.

Finally, the authority should in aspect whether the building is as per the approved plan, e.g. with regard to the number of floors, external setbacks, parking space provisions, etc. The authority also must obtain occupancy certificate from GHMC for the approval or refusal of the occupancy certificate within 15 days.

The process is time consuming and requires minute vigilance but the comfort and benefits of owning a house is worth all the trouble.






















Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s